We design and print calendars for organizational customers. We create several basic "master-designs", each with space for individual customers to insert/add their own ads and promotional material. Each customer receives a template, adds their own information in the designated areas then returns it to us. We add their info as a top layer to our existing design, and then print and mail.
Our goal is to create an online platform for customers to be able to layout and design their customized information, i.e. create their entire customization 'layer', without the need to hire their own graphic designer.
1. Customer uploads and maintains depository of ads and other graphics to be used in the publication. Our site controls that they are all production grade (i.e. worthy of being printed), and that they within pre - determined sizes, so that they can later be inserted properly.
2. It would be nice to give them the possibility of making some basic changes to the graphs (resize, crop, rotate, add border), but that’s not an absolute requirement for us.
3. Separately, we would like provide a system where the customer will be able choose from a set of pre-designed, professional graphics, which will be designed so that a customer can will be able to customize by inserting some basic text (time, date, address, price). The finished product would be added to their depository in #1 above.
4. We would provide a design page, where a customer rotates through every page of our publication, and for each page, is able to drag and drop items from his depository into our predetermined customizable spaces. As he’s doing so, he sees a basic preview of what the page will look like, i.e. our content combined with his.
5. Once customer is ready, a PDF is generated from all his customizations, which will then be combined with the "master" layer produced by us, and sent to review and finally print.
6. The customer needs to be able to save his work, edit and re-edit, do and redo, as needed until he is happy with his customizations and is ready to approve and go to print.
7. System has to be such that our team can maintain/add/edit masters-designs. For each design, we should have the ability to choose the number of pages, the areas of each page which are available for customization, and the choice of sizes of elements which the customer can use to fill them with.
8. Existing parts of our customer system, including a system to combine our master layer with the customer's layer, are already written in [url removed, login to view] / ASP. Our database is MS-SQL. The system needs to fit in with our existing system so that it can be maintained by our programmers. (Though we've been using [url removed, login to view], other .net languages would work as well). We host the system on our own servers.
9. We are hoping to have such a system ready in about a 3-4 weeks. If time is too short, #2 and #3 can be added later. We will need to have mock-up pages as early as possible so that we can begin advertising this new feature to our customers.
This is a 2nd version of this project. Changing the definition based on feedback from bidders.
Hello Sir, We are a Indian development company here. we have checked your posted details here and want more clarification in it, so message us to discuss on it more then we will able to move on it. Thanks