I'm working with a client who is seeking a custom-coded solution for his website, which we've built. We're looking to have an online designer of several garments (suits, shirts, coats, trousers, jackets, vests, ...) built on top of the existing site, which of course needs to be upgraded to an E-commerce site in the process.
What my client is looking for is a design experience as seen on Black Lapel, mixed with a few features from the Tailor On Ten platform. All in all, what we're after is a basic picture-based designer; one where choices don't necessarily become a part of the silhouette.
We imagine the following:
- Picture by picture design process like on Black Lapel (not a 1:1 copy)
- The "Customize for me" design option of Black Lapel, where a style is chosen and predetermined choices are shown for the client, that he then can order directly.
- A Customize now option, which lets customers choose the exact design details of the garment chosen.
- An automatic measurement process determined by the height, weight, and age of the client. The client then chooses his posture and goes to measurements, where the predetermined measurements are shown but can be corrected, like you see in the process on [login to view URL] or on Black Lapel.
For that, we need videos to show as well that features the process of taking correct measurements.
- A back-end system that allows customers to take just the measurements without having to order necessarily (sometimes a measurement is what is needed only, as the styles are chosen manually)
- A back-end system that allows people to log in, of course, where they can follow their order process (not linked to track and trace)
- A list of selected style choices that can be categorized into patterns, color, seasonability and more.
- We imagine having 20-30 style images shown, the rest will be based on fabric choice.
If you have a good look at Black Lapel, Tailor on Ten and Hockerty and mix all that, you'll have a good picture of what we're looking to have achieved.
*** We do have all the styles, drawings, videos, descriptions, measurement data, etc. for this project. All we need is the developer to custom-code the process and apply it to several products (suits, shirts, jackets, etc.) ***
The site is currently built with Wordpress and is not upgraded to E-commerce yet.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with us. When doing so, please outline a plan of action for the project together with a proposed flow. Naturally, once the system is built, we need to be able to manage it ourselves, but would, of course, consult you again if coding changes need to be made.
We are looking forward to your quotes and proposed solutions!