The Future of Energy Film, LLC is a multi-faceted media project designed to have a direct influence on energy use and consumption in the U.S. By advocating for 100% renewable energy, increased efficiency, climate education, and local food consumption and growth, The Future of Energy Film seeks to facilitate the transition to a carbon free society through educational entertainment.
“The Future of Energy: Lateral Power to the People” is a feature length documentary that tells the story of communities, bussinesses and government leaders who are working towards solutions to the climate crisis. The film has been submitted to the 2014 Sundance Film Festival, and has a projected online release date of March 21, 2014. The film will be distributed online for free and used in educational institutions across the nation. On September 21, 2013, the film was privately screened in San Francisco to 400 Bay Area energy and environmental experts. Based on the surveys collected at the screening, revisions are underway to reflect the public’s desired changes.
[url removed, login to view] - is an interactive resource-based website where individuals, governments, and businesses can find tangible solutions to the climate crisis including innovative technologies, policies, legislation, and links to other organizations. There will be a detailed action plan on the website that accompanies the film.
“The Future of Energy: Lateral Power to Kids” is a 20 minute documentary short based on the content from the feature film. The short will be distributed to classrooms throughout the US along with an energy curriculum approparite to grade levels 5-10.
The Fundraiser for The Future of Energy would be required to successfully raise 100-200k of funds needed for operations, PR, and production. To date, 150K has been raised through Indiegogo and in kind gifts & services.
• Have 5+ years of fundraising experience
• Have successfully raised 100k-200k in a prior campaign
• Proven ability to work independently with little day-today oversight or support
• Track record designing/managing fundraising campaigns, developing relationships w/donors and prospects, securing gifts, and meeting targets
• Experience identifying and cultivating relationships with strategic partners
• Bachelor's degree or higher; strong written, oral, and listening skills a must
• Have a passion for environmental and social justice issues
• Create a detailed fundraising strategy and action plan to meet our fundraising goals and close our projected fundraising gap
• Research and prospect potential individual donors through existing and new networks
• Create high-quality marketing materials and pitches to articulate our achievements, vision, and needs to potential donors
• Build and cultivate relationships with new and existing donors and strategic partners through personal meetings or phone calls, emails, or mailings