UGCY ([login to view URL]), Launched in 2011, organization has held 8 annual shows, has worked with 50+ UK Universities and over 6000 students over the past 8 years. 2018 finalists included the University of Cambridge, Imperial college London, University of Kent, Canterbury Christ Church University, University of Manchester and University of Birmingham to name but a few.
Backed by the Mayor of London and the former Minister for Culture Communications and the Creative Industries, the primary objective of UGCY is to provide an unprecedented platform for University Choirs across the country to develop and showcase their musical abilities.
We are looking for a social media manager to manage all social media platforms for University Gospel Choir of the Year (UGCY) annual competition (Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin)
• Creating posts in line with brand (using Canva, Spark etc) based on marketing schedule and /or trending topics
• As a minimum posting and/or reposting at least every other day
• Reposting activities by university gospel choirs that we follow/follow us
• Engaging with followers
• Build following across all platforms
• Identifying gospel music and more broader influencers to follow / engage
• Identify key groups/individuals we should be following (e.g. university societies, choirs etc)
• Creating and send monthly newsletters
• Run online competitions
• Some PR activity may also be required (i.e. identifying and engaging media partners/sending press releases)
• Appreciation and / or experience in Music, the Christian Faith, University clubs and societies, and/or event promotion
• A solid understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms, particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
• Strong editing and writing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques