Proposal to fix the insertion point:
1) Detect the floor and place a grid.
- Ask the user to define two points on the edge of the floor with the wall that will describe the insertion point .
- When the 2 button is pressed, use the information to make a line and insert the object in the middle of the line So you have the insertion point and the plane ( floor). If this way of solve the problem don't work, you need to develop a new way.
- Display a button to Reset if necessary.
2) Improve the render
As the quality of the render is not good Improve the render of the object
my suggestion is :
a) Use the illumination from the scene to predict and implement the illumination of all the 3d objects used in the app. We want the best quality of the textures.
b )Consider the possibility to save the textures in the app instead of loading to the server in order to load faster.
3) Optimize the app to work on ipad , and iPad Pro