We are in need of a simple script to run on our admins desktop Windows XP computer that automates the following tasks.
1. A window should open and request from user, a URL Example [url removed, login to view]
2. The script should request from user input how many times to cycle through (explained later).
3. The script should now do the following - OPEN MOZILLA BROWSER located on my admins computer with the defaulted URL that my admin enterred earlier.
4. Now the script MUST search the home page for all links and randomly open up a (random number of those links between 5 and 30 links) and open then in TABS under MOZILLA. My admin has MOZILLAS LINKY attachment installed.
5. The script must allow for tabs that fail to open and ignore them as to complete the others. Once a minimum of 80% of the tabs have been opened the script is to wait 1 minute (we should be allowed to modify the wait peried) and close the browser.
6. The script should now re-open bypassing the #1 question of URL and go into a loop (as per step #2) in where it asks how many times to loop that process. Upon opening the browser though, it should clear all cookies related to that particular site and reset my admins IP address.
7. When the script has cycled through all steps and all cycles, a simple message should appear stating that it has completed X number amount of cycles, and had Y number of failures (and which links failed)
This script needs to be done within 3 business days, as past Development Director I know it should be fairly simple for a programmer to create. Our company tests various links for web sites and this is what this tool will help us streamline.
Our company pays within 48 hours of the script being delivered and tested functional. Which ever programmer get's this done on time and properly will be added to our preferred outsourcers list for additional work.