The project is for a newspaper daily which currently has an online website. The client has a very good content portfolio and is one of the most popular reads, locally. Due to its comprehensive base architecture and positive acceptance from the enterprise open source community Liferay has been selected.
The project shall involve a basic migration of all existing features and sections of the current portal on to a high-performing Liferay powered portal.
* Architecture and setup of production Liferay portal
* Performance tuning and cache enabling
* Development of customized portlets for the portal
* Customization of Liferay platform for the portal
2. Lead story display
3. Much improved Image Gallery
4. Integration with ad server ([url removed, login to view] is currently in focus)
5. Article creation
6. Article presentation
7. Lead story display
8. Surveys (for attaching into user profile)
The project will mainly involve publishing of various types of articles on the Liferay journal and the depiction of these articles in Editor-selected lists that will be shown in blocks on the portal on pages that will be navigated to.
Several features are desired here, at a ground level:
1. View and activity counting: It is very important for the customer (as well as the viewing audience) to know the most popular articles and be able to perceive activity on the portal. To this end, the project needs, at a base level, every hit on a resource (like an article, or an image stored in the document library) to be counted. Similarly actions on articles (ratings, comments) will also be counted. These views/opens will be displayed next to each article. Activity on an article will be used to determine which articles are “hot” and be listed as such – thus providing an immediate way to navigate, for visiting users.
2. User profiling, demographics and analytics: For the customer, user profiling and demographics is extremely important. This is to be used to determine advertising (which is the primary revenue source) that is to be displayed, and is also used to procure sponsors as well. For this, the portal needs to provide surveys of questions that can be attached to the profile of each user (when they answer a survey) and then provide filtering of users based upon the answers of the survey. For example, a typical survey question would be: What type of car do you own, with a choice of 4 answers. Users lists will be filtered from these list of answers. Reports on user counts, and other factors are desired here. It is also desired that entire browsing history of user be tracked – this feature is present at some level in the current liferay implementation and is one of the reasons for selection of Liferay for this project. This tracking is to be reference-able in queried reports.
3. Editor integration with Document library: The content editor must upload and select pictures to be placed inline in content from Liferay document library
4. Integration with ImageMagick: In-portal resizing of stored images from document library is required.
23 freelancers are bidding on average $3798 for this job
Hello sir, We can provide you with an excellent [url removed, login to view] you to please check your PMB and let us know if you require more information about us. Thanks :)
Hello,First of all thanks a lot to give us opportunity to bid on your [url removed, login to view] have our experienced teams for Java,Asp.net,Sql Server .We have confidence that we can deliver the best product.
Sigma 9 Technologie, LLC can deliver your project in Traditional Project Managment fashion. On time, within budget, and with desired [url removed, login to view] allow additional 2 days for initiation phase. Regards, WT.