Notice! This is a Java/J2EE project all offers must be based on a solution in this technology!
Almost every mobile phone today has a built in synchronization tool called a SyncML client. This client is used within the mobile phone to synchronize contacts, calendar events and to do list with a remote server, the phone can send this information OTA(Over The Air) i.e. over GPRS, using the SyncML protocol for synchronization.
The service already exists on the market today at the following URL: [url removed, login to view] and at [url removed, login to view] , we want to clone this type functionality.
What we want to build is a website offering the following:
1) Synchronization of mobile PIM(contacts, events and to do list) information with the SynchML protocol OTA from a mobile phone, this service should work on all mobile phones implementing the synchronization tool , (almost every phone today from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung and Motorola does that). Please look at each and every vendor specific developer sites i.e. for Sony Ericsson: [url removed, login to view] .
2) A nice looking graphical web GUI: The site should have a member login area were logged in members can administrate their PIM information. A public area with registration forms and information about the service/site. We like the graphical design at [url removed, login to view] better than the site [url removed, login to view] . This part can be built in AJAX, JSP, your choice.
3) In the member registration process, the server must send out a Configuration SMS to the phone with configurable info so the phone automatically configures it self, almost every phone today can accept this kind of configuration SMS, please check each vendors developer site for specific details concerning: “configuring the SyncML client with a SMS” i.e. [url removed, login to view] .
4) Obviously we need some connection to a SMS gateway for sending the configuration SMS. We may also need a connection to a credit card service provider and or pay by phone service provider please come with suggestions to which one/ones.
5) The site must be able to support several western languages (German, French, English, Italian and Spanish) and be extensible with more languages in the future.
6) Admin Web GUI for administration of user accounts, etc.
7) Some SEO will be needed.
There are several open source APIs available that can help this project, look at the following [url removed, login to view] . Funambol is a company offering both a product and an open source API in java for building this. Please visit [url removed, login to view] . Our project could benefit from using ideas from this open source API from Funambol, look at [url removed, login to view] We are positive about the use of open source products.
We think you are a consultant company with several senior developers with many years of experience from internet j2ee development, with some mobile / networking knowledge, experience from similar projects is a serious advantage. You must build this in Java/J2EE which is a requirement! DB must be MySQL or PostGreSQL, the delivered product must be able to run in the JBOSS application server. The site should be able to handle a large number of simultaneous visitors.
It is important that you understand what is expected to be delivered. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions.
Its equally important to us that your team is committed and responsible for a good result, please come with ideas and suggestions throughout the hole development process, this project is open for changes and good ideas, and has the ability to grow from ideas and directions from the developers(you).
Future extensions to this project would be to implement push mail, import and export services from, to Exchange servers and other mobile services. If we are satisfied with your delivery we will hire you again for this type of development.
Please come with an offer, ideas and suggestions on how you would like to implement this project.
Christian. J. V.