Require Access 2003 based application for stock tracking.
Key functions include:
- Track incoming stock
- Track outgoing stock
- Check stock level (form)
- Stock level report
- Stock out report / stock in report / stock movement report
- User authentication with three levels (admin, standard, enquiry)
- The system will be required to calculate and track average cost price for items, which will change as stock is received and dispatched
- Archive function to transfer data to a separate file that can be opened and searched/reported on from within the main program.
I have completed a detailed project design document including
- Database structure
- Forms (including details of fields to be shown)
- Reports (including details of fields to be shown)
- Calculation algorithms
- Milestones and timeline
This document will be made available to bidders who sign and return the attached confidentiality agreement. I suggest bidders should submit a prebid with the signed agreement and then submit a final price once they have reviewed the document.
The timeline and milestones required are:
1. Partly implemented including database structure created, sample data entered and key forms and reports created by 12 noon Sydney time Thursday 5 November
2. Operational prototype that can be trialled using test data. All key functionality will be accessible. By 12 noon Sydney time Monday 16 November.
3. Beta version - all features implemented for user testing by 12 noon Sydney time Monday 23 November
4. Production version - addressing any issues identified during user testing within 3 week days of completion of beta testing
Payment will be by GAF Escrow funded at the start of each milestone and released on the completion of each milestone - no funds will be released at project commencement or in advance of milestone completion (sorry I've been hurt by this before).
My estimate is that this would be a solid 8 days full time work for a single talented and experienced Access developer, but please make your own assesment prior to submitting a price.
As an experienced Access developer I'm looking for a developer who is comfortable working with close "supervision" by another developer and produces high quality software that I can support and maintain.
I'm looking forward to working with a first class provider on this exciting and rewarding project.