I need a simple Java (GUI Based) Chat server / Client that can run on different platforms, I mean like Java not O/S dependent.
Things I will need in it
1) Server file: File can run on any machine and can accept connection from client regardless what ever their IP on Local Network such as 192.168.0.xxx. I mean they can connect from any machine on network without specify IP address every time. Note: User authentication required and no two users from same ID can connect at a time. All users details will save in simple text file.
2) Client: Able to connect to server over LAN. can sent msg (like Mirc etc) on main window. Can send private msh to users and able to send email using that software.
3) Menu bar in client option: every day options such as register, login, chat save, send pvt. msg, send email. close etc.
4) Interface is not a issue just need simple Java GUI interface, I have no special requirement for network settings can use any port or ip address such as 192.168.0.xxx. ASCII text will be used so easily use on Unix and Win.
5) Report/manual of the software with complete references and show what code is doing what.
If you can make this within 8 days so please do let e know ASAP! dead line will be 25 of Oct 2009.