I would like you to build me a simple Java desktop application to preview/upload documents.
* When launched, the application presents the user with a login screen
* Login information already exists and is stored in a MySQL database - I will provide you with details.
Document Upload Interface:
* The document upload interface will allow the user to select and preview documents (pdf and jpg) on their computer.
* Once the user finds a document they want to upload, they will click an "upload" button to upload the document.
* When the upload button is pressed, it will upload the document to a web application.
* A screenshot of the interface and required functionality is attached
This application is being built to work with an open source JSP/JAVA application called OSCAR which is available at SourceForge - [url removed, login to view]
The upload functionality already exists in the web-based interface - you may be able to use some of this functionality. I will show you where it is in the application and you can examine the code to see if it's useful to you. If it will help, I will also show you how to install the application in case you need to examine the application or upload functionality in more detail.
* The application will be tested on the following operating systems: Windows XP, Windows 7, MAC OS X Snow Leopard