I am currently in need of a professional Java programmer to help develop Java components. The project is a Java crossword game. The developer must have good Java Applet and J2ME experience to convert an Applet to MIDlets to run on a wide variety of mobile phones.
Full working code for the crossword game logic already exists. The programmer needs to understand the existing code in order to:
1) Modify some of the existing functionality, including simplify the input parameters to the Java Applet.
2) Convert the Java Applet to Java MIDlets to run on mobile phones.
The work should to be completed in two separate phases:
1) Modification of the existing Applet code.
2) Convert the Applet to a MIDlet.
Modification of the existing Applet code - As all of the logic for the crossword game already exists, it is important to understand the existing code in order to change it.
1) Understand, and document the current input parameters to the Applet. Then simplify input parameters to the Applet, at the moment there are too many parameters.
2) The crossword data (words, clues, positions etc) should be read from a properties file on the server.
3) The code is currently all in one class it should be broken down into smaller classes.
4) The existing code must be better commented.
Convert the Applet to a MIDlet – The crossword MIDlet must function on a wide variety of mobile phones.
1) The MIDlet should have a professional look and feel comparable to other commercial Java MIDlets game on the market.
2) Crossword data will be sent the user every week or month. There will be a crossword for every day. When new crosswords are sent the oldest crossword data should be removed.
3) There should be save and resume functionality for the crosswords.
4) Crosswords will become active on a particular date (a crossword for each day). Once the crossword is active the user should be able to choose to do the crossword any time (until it is removed).
5) Crosswords that have been finished (completed by the user) should be removed when the user gets new data.
All new code should be properly commented and well written. The full existing code can be sent on request.
18 freelancers estão ofertando em média $1211 para esse trabalho
Dear Project Owner, We believe that LightIdeas has very good chances to succeed in project delivery if we qualify and get awarded. I am looking forward to your feedback. Thank you. LightIdeas.
I am senior Software engineer in american company working on j2ee and j2me projects for last three years. My last project was a quiz project for mobiles.
Hi, we are having Java developers, they are highly skilled and proficient to meet your requirement. We have just finished most complex Project on J2ME project. Please contact us ASAP. Thanks, Paul