I require a java web applet developed for streaming media content . The applet will be compatible with windows browsers, Linux and Mac, be based upon the ogg/vorbis audio format and compatible with the icecast ICY/shout protocol. An example native beta library which gives example on how to handle much of the audio encoding/sending functionality can be found here [url removed, login to view]
1. Load in browser
2. Request via textbox a key of 50 variable characters
3. Send key via XML over HTTPS to pre-defined auth server (defined in <applet> html parameter)
4. Auth server will reply to applet in XML over HTTPS containing Servername1, port1, servername2, port2, password, name
5. applet will connect to servername1, port1 and begin receiving OGG/vorbis audio data using icecast ICY/shout protocol
6. applet will decode ogg/vorbis audio data and pipe to soundcard line out
7. applet will record bitrate, samplerate, channels of incoming stream to variable
once above steps successful applet will then
8. applet will begin capturing line in on soundcard
9. applet will encode PCM capture into OGG/Vorbis format at bitrate, samplerate and channels as defined in variable from step 7
10. applet will begin streaming/shouting captured OGG/Vorbis stream from soundcard line in to servername2, port2 using icecast ICY/shout protocol with password and name defined in step 4
Applet interface can be minimal; initially a request for the key (step 2), a start button and a stop button. A text status box is required (which shows which step the system is at, or any received/generated errors). a VU meter showing volume of received and transmitted audio would be useful.
error handling is essential and will be tested for.
please note, full source sill be required at project completion.