Need Macromedia Director 3D developer/ programmer and graphics designer.
I am an anesthesiologist working on a medical education/training/simulation program. The project will be called "The Video Atlas of Nerve Blocks". The nerve block is a medical procedure in which a nerve bundle is injected to anesthetize an arm or leg for surgery. This interactive DVD will combine real video of actual procedures and 3D graphics derived from a complete anatomically correct 3D human model (skin, bones, muscle, tendon, nerves, cardiovascular, pulmonary, organs, etc...) animated in Maya. An "Anatomy Lab" will allow dissection through the skin and muscle of the virtual human model. Also, a simulator based on the 3D model will allow the user to puncture the virtual human body anywhere with a stimulating needle, at any angle and at any depth, and get the appropriate response (muscle twitch, arterial puncture, punctured lung, bone obstruction etc..)
1. Proficiency with Macromedia Director, especially programming for 3D models
2. Knowledge of and some ability to use 3D programs like Maya or 3DSMax or Lightwave
3. Experience with 3D presentations in Shockwave and QTVR
4. Imaginative, innovative, and experienced graphics designer
What I need:
1. Graphics and multimedia design
a. DVD interface (graphics, music, sound effects) for:
i. Training videos for 25 different nerve blocks
ii. Anatomy lab
b. Introductions to videos and interactive areas with compelling graphics and sound
d. Coordinated Web design for online demos
2. Interface design
a. For the training videos
i. Design and implement interesting navigation options
ii. Design and implement visual feedback to show which part of the video is being shown (Introduction, technique, anatomy, complications etc…)
iii. Design and implement sidebar for informative text and links to pertinent content
iv. Design and implement a search engine with links to results
b. For the Lab module.
i. Design and implement a way to intuitively interact with the virtual human model at different camera angles.
ii. Design and implement a method for users to dissect away skin and muscle from the model to reveal underlying organs, nerves, vasculature, bone, and tendons.
iii. Design and implement the ability to label these structures on user demand
c. For the simulator module.
i. Design and implement a method for intuitive interaction with the virtual human model with a nerve stimulating needle.
ii. Design and implement a way the user will be able to inject the model at any point.
iii. Design and implement the ability to change the angle of the approach and the depth of the needle.
iv. Design and implement an intuitive way for the user to change camera angles and zoom
v. Design and implement methods for visual feedback for resistance to insertion based on the type of structure entered by the needle.
vi. Design and implement methods for revealing the result of violating certain structures (blood vessels, organs, lungs, etc...)
vii. Design and implement methods for revealing the result of stimulating a nerve with the subsequent muscle movement.
viii. Design and implement a method for the user to determine the location of bony landmarks on the virtual human model.
ix. Design and implement a method for allowing the user to make skin and muscle partially or fully transparent so they can see what is happening with their needle.
x. Design and implement a simulator accurate enough to allow experimentation with new approaches to nerve blocks.
3. Macromedia director cross platform (MAC and PC) programming for:
a. Interface and navigation
1. Test for presence of Quicktime and Shockwave and install if necessary
2. Create functional user option for the program to run full screen or in a window
3. Propose suitable options for copy protection
4. Prepare (if necessary) assets in the movie, and the movie itself for copy protection.
5. All programming necessary to implement the interface in a manner efficient enough to be used on the average PC or Mac and still have exceptional detail.
6. Test product on MAC and PC (low-end, mid-range, and high-end hardware)
ii. Educational module (training videos)
1. Synchronize video in the main window, and informative text in a side window
2. Option to make the main window full screen (and back again)
3. Links from text to pertinent parts of the DVD or by launching a browser in a window for online info
4. Functional forward and back buttons with history of user’s navigation
iii. Lab module (interactive anatomy lab)
1. Includes QTVR or Shockwave 3D manipulation of the high-res virtual human model and it’s objects (mostly removing objects, making objects semitransparent).
2. Includes integration of animations for cutting and removing muscle and skin.
iv. Simulator module
1. Includes collision detection of needle with 100 muscle objects, 20 organ objects, 20 blood vessel objects, 100 bone objects, and 1 skin object.
2. Includes scripts necessary to react to collisions with behaviors such as :
a. Making certain objects transparent
b. Initiating animations of certain muscles
c. Initiating animations of bleeding at the site of vascular injury.
d. Initiates animation of puncture of organs
a. How to best export models into Director to be used for the Lab module and the simulator module from Maya
b. Advice on effective methods for presenting the above modules.
c. Critique of video and 3D assets I provide
d. How best to present 3D graphics (QTVR –vs. - Shockwave etc...)
5. A provider that is experienced, professional, innovative, energetic, and patient. Must be able to do parts of the project at a time while waiting for me to finish editing and developing the necessary assets. Must have the ability to communicate on the phone, email, IM, and online. Must be able to transfer large amounts of data online.
What I have:
1. Medical knowledge and training in anesthesia and nerve block procedures
2. All technical content, medical graphics, 3D Models, and copy, needed for the Director movie.
3. Experience with web and live presentations
4. Ability to use Premiere, After Effects, Director, and Maya
5. Actual videos of nerve block procedures and the ability to edit these videos with special effects.
6. Videos of real human models for training on finding landmarks
7. Complete and accurate 3D model in Maya which allows:
a. Graphic representation of human anatomy
b. Ability to animate structures to simulate real life events
c. Ability to overlay this virtual human with training videos
d. Ability to export models into w3d and QTVR format for use in Director
2. Prepayment of your bid for this project of 25%
3. 25% after all necessary programming is done
4. Remainder of payment after project is complete
5. A pre-agreed upon per hour rate for consultation, programming, or graphics development on anything that may be needed during or after completion of the project beyond the scope of that agreed upon above.
6. 10% bonus if we get the Demo out before mid October 2005 and your part of the final product ready by May 2006
7. An estimated amount of time per hour needed for each part of each module and copyright and contract agreements must be provided before terms are complete.
Some copy and graphics for a brochure for the proposed product can be seen at
[url removed, login to view]
Thanks for your consideration,
Please make a bid for the project with the simulator module and without it.
63 freelancers estão ofertando em média $10750 para este trabalho
I have huge experience in just this sort of thing. Visit some of my business sites [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], for web examples although I can provide other material for interactive.
We accept your proposal and ready to take up your work. Please do check our works at www.digitalance.net. waiting for your reply. Thank you Solomon.
Please check the PMB and i am sure i will be the winner. I know i am competing with many bids but really i can prove my worth. --------------------VetradSystems-------------------