This task requires a script to interact with an Excel sheet to automatically link references in an XML file.
The references are in column A (for example Rule 1020) of the spreadsheet.
The ids of the locations they point to are in B (1234) and C (440).
D is the full amalgamation of columns A, B and C. (Rule 1020)
We need to be able to automatically populate D using the information in cells A, B and C. (as shown in row 2 of the Excel file)
The XMl file will contain thousands of references like those in column A. A sample of this can be provided if necessary.
It is very important that
1. Convert all the contents of cell D into a search and replace script at the press of a button (retrievable as a .txt file.) I will need an Excel formula for concatenating A, B, and C to get D. Row 2, D is an example of what the result of this is like.
2. The text of the script (.txt file) can be editable and updated as more references are added to the Excel spreadsheet.
3. Differentiate between references i.e. Rule 102, Rule 1020, Rule 10200. This might need some conditions to be included in the script.
4. Differentiate between capital letters i.e. Rule 102 and RULE 102. We don’t want references in capital letters to be linked if possible.
5. Must be adaptable to Macromedia Homesite, Macromedia Dreamweaver etc.