I am looking for a freelance developer with experience writing Firefox extensions. I am looking for a sidebar skeleton as most of the application logic will occur in DHTML within a browser embedded in the sidebar.
Here are the requirement.
* Sidebar with xul browser component embedded
* Using a XUL button in the extension be able to toggle the width of the sidebar between a minimized width at for example 100px and maximized at 300px
* Whether the sidebar is displayed or not the extension should be listening to browser navigation changes and post a response to a web service
* A link embedded within the html in the browser in the sidebar should open in the main browser
* When the extension is first installed it should be displayed by default and also navigate in the main window to a given one time only url.
* Extend what I have to listen to all navigation and tab events whenever the browser is running, regardless of the sidebar state and make post request to a given URL.
* Add button to sidebar to toggle width of extension
* Listen to events that happen within the browser page embedded in the sidebar and be able to catch these in the extension in order to open main browser tabs etc.
* When first installed open extension automatically and open a getting started web page in the main view. (If this is possible- I think thumbstrips does it)
As you can see it really is just a skeleton extension, but involves the important event hooking up and a few extras. The end result will be the platform I need to take it to the next step. I would really appreciate it if you could let me know your availability and give me time and cost estimates for this work.