We have a Sun Ultra 80 server (circa 2001) running Solaris 8 and various iPlanet services(ldap, mail, java app server, etc). We wish to purchase new Intel hardware with Solaris 10 and migrate these servers and a JSP-based J2EE application. We do NOT have the original CD media to re-install any software, therefore we would like to move these services and applications to the new server as-is with all configuration settings and data in tact.
The list of components to migrate is as follows...
1) Oracle 8i with 1 database.
2) iPlanet Directory (ldap) Server with approx 500 user entries.
3) iPlanet Mail Server with approx 500 mail accounts.
4) iPlanet Web Server with 2 server instances configured.
5) iPlanet Java Application Server with one J2EE-based application.
6) One batch download script written using shell commands.
This project will be to migrate all of the above components from the original server to the new server, using remote tools such as telnet/ssh, VNC, ftp, etc.
Please PM me with any additional details you required. Thank you for your consideration.