Situation: We have a frontend based on Laravel in use, that has been reworked many times due to many relaunches and additions. The former developer added a new css/JS everytime something was changed and never merged them.
At the moment we’re facing 12+ CSS files and 12+ scripts.
We are looking for an experienced fronted developer that is able to do this, also in optimizing and aligning the current design, as well as fixing issues like alignment/visibility errors .
Main job: optimize performance
- elimante render-blocking ressources
- merge, minify and remove unused css
- merge, minify and remove unused JS
- cut down/optimize DOM size
- enable text compression – brotli preferred
- reduce length of request changes
- deferring unnesscary ressources / offscreen images
- deferring/async JS
- leverage font-display CSS
- remove/minify non required main-thread tasks
- optimize TTL
document attached concerning some issues in detail
Lower priority: fix design flaws
The current frontend design isn’t consistent due to (too) many changes, e. g. the nav bar changes depending on which landing page you are.
Additionally: the different elements aren’t always, especially in mobile mode,
- aligned properly
- have margin errors
- have padding errors
- font-size errors
Also: If everything goes well, we'd like to keep in touch for similar projects that need the same revisions.