We have a joomla website that needs to send about 3 millions newsletters per month (about 100000 users) using 10 postfix SMTP servers behind a SMTP outgoing load balancer server for one domain.
All emails will be sent from one address: noreply(at)ourdomain(dot)com.
Currently, we have the 11 VPS servers as follow:
1 VPS for loadbalancer: 2 CPU core, 2GB RAM, 48GB storage.
10 VPSs for SMTP: 1 CPU core, 1GB RAM, 24GB storage.
- You will have root access to all VPS servers.
- All VPS have CentOS 7 installed.
- We will give you the list of public and private IP addresses of each server. All VPS are in same LAN (the same data center) so they are reachable using private IPs. This way we save bandwidth because LAN bandwith is free for us.
- Reverse DNS will be already configured for each server by our SysAdmin.
- Install and configure Postfix on all servers and configure the smtp load balancer. No cpanel or similar are needed. All must be configured from console.
- You will have to provide detailed information on how to install our SSL certificate on all servers.
- Implement SPF, DKIM and similar techniques. All of these must pass on all major email services.
- Create a technical document with all the steps and commands you executed on servers (balance server and SMTP server) so we can add more VPS servers to the pool of SMTP servers when we require more capacity. This is one of the most important task. This document will be used by our SysAdmin. We would like that our SysAdmin do the job in the future if we need to migrate to another provider so this manual must be as clear as possible so any SysAdmin can follow it up.
2 freelancers are bidding on average $630 for this job
Hello Im Unix/Linux eng with experience over 10y+ My recom to your case would be: 1. haproxy + postfixes 2. puppetize instance to easy autodeploy kind regards