We are looking for a level 3 system admin from ASPAC region (GMT+7 - GMT+10) to manage our systems and work as a ticket support engineer.
4 AM GMT to 1 PM GMT (small breaks and a lunch break is of course fine), preferably Saturday as well at a lower/more relaxed/on-call schedule. (read tickets on your phone or tablet or what you youngsters use these days and then act when necessary kind of thing)
- Fluent in English
- 5+ years of experience in the VPS hosting field
- Worked for at least one reputable VPS hosting company before and is able to provide reference.
- Expert at current popular virtualization technologies such as KVM, OpenVZ
- Excellent Linux knowledge
- Expert at bash/awk scripting
- Knows how to program in a language
- Experienced in SolusVM, WHMCS, Proxmox
- Punctual at shift starts
- Good communication skills
- Experienced in popular commercial web hosting panels such as WHM/cPanel, Plesk, Direct Admin
- Experienced in managing web, database, mail, dns, application servers
- Has a good understanding about networking
- Has a good understanding about systems security
- Worked with project management systems like Jira
Preferred Skills: (Not required)
- Expert at Xen and Hyper-V
- Fluent at PHP
- Fluent at Perl
- Fluent at Python
- Experienced in Virtualizator, Blesta
- Experienced in free control panels such as VestaCP, WebUzo, etc
- Optimization/Efficiency Freak
- Security Ninja
- 30-40 tickets a day with 90% of them can be replied with a sentence.
- Making sure everything works, if not, escalate to a DC, use a KVM session, etc to fix stuff so I can sleep well.
How to apply?
Please send your CV, availability hours and days, and preferred salary and payment method.
16 freelancers estão ofertando em média $19/hora para esse trabalho
Have good experience handling VPS in multiple Virtualization technologies. Own quite a few servers in virtualized mode and have experience of 10+ years in hosting industry.