Coin Operated Internet Kiosk & Advertisement Machine
The Internet Kiosk is machine with two LCD monitors with one CPU. One of the monitor is used for Internet Access and the other monitor is used for Advertisement purpose. The Machine is operated using Coin so it can be stated as Coin Operated Internet Kiosk Machine and a advertisement kiosk.
Advertisement Module which should be able to access the advertisement material like Images or Video files from the designated location in the location machine. And so the local machine should be updated using the advertisement material either manually or automatically depending on the location where the kiosk is placed.
Internet Kiosk – the module provide the functionality to change the machine to coin operated kiosk machine. For each
coin inserted by the user, User gets the machine for internet access for pre-defined time limit.
Ad & Kiosk Management module which should work on the Server end to manage the advertisement and should be able to control the client kiosk machine.
The Module 1 & Module 2 goes together on the client kiosk machine and Module 3 goes to the server end.
• P4 processor with 256 MB Ram
• ATI RADEON 9000 64 MB Dual Head Graphics Card
• Integrated Device of Keyboard Mouse and USB Port to a single USB port
• and Finally Fedora core 6 Linux OS
• A Coin machine connected to the serial Port.
The Problem we are facing now,
1. Dual head setup for dual monitor and the final system which we like to have. We can Display the video on the Top screen and user can use the other monitor for internet access with the coin machine operated. But when the session is finished we must lock the user screen and keep the video screen run for the advertisement.
2. But unfortunately when you try to lock the screen, both the screen lock and the video does not shows up.
3. Solution that can be implement to lock the screen is
Using Screensaver Method
To lock the screen, I used the command
• Dcop kdesktop kscreensaverIface lock
• Dcop kdesktop kscreensaverIface quit
But when you run the command both the screen is locked but we need only one screen to be locked I think it is the problem with the xserver or any other configuration I tried to figure out but I cannot succeed.
And I have used many other screensavers like xscreensavers, and other commands like xset, display variable, etc…
Using keyboard lock method
By Locking the Keyboard users cannot use the system for internet access and still the second screen keeps running the video. But unfortunately, when you lock the keyboard, the system hangs.
If you can help please let me know.,