We are having trouble with the Magento shopping cart, specifically adding new sub categories (under the default category) and assigning new products.
We initially set up a sub category in Magento on an old server with five products. Then we had to upgrade servers, so we transfered Magento to the new server. The original sub category and its products worked perfectly on the new server.
However, when we try to add new products to the original sub category, or try to add new products to new sub categories they don't appear on the front end. Even though the products were added in exactly the same way as they were on the original server. We also tried the 'duplicate' product function, which didn't work. However, if we assign an original product from the original sub category to a new sub category it works.
Everything in the back end works fine. With all the images uploaded etc. However, when we check on the front end, only one of the new products appears in the whole sub category. That product is missing 90% of its content, so its mostly empty.
In the backend there are no error messages.