BADM 202 Final Report
Special Research Topics in People Management
The objective of this paper is to give you an opportunity to examine different people management challenges in more depth by reviewing research and articles about recent trends within people management. Choose ONE of the three general topics below.
1. Trends in: Health, Safety and Wellness in the Workplace (Focus on one area only)
2. Trends in: Managing Differing Employee Populations (e.g. by age; culture; location; distance management and managing with technology)
3. Trends in: Recruitment, Training, and Employee Engagement. (Focus on one area only)
Using at least 3 reputable sources, your report should provide an introduction to your chosen trend with justification for its analysis. It should also include a thorough analysis of your research findings, the inclusion of useful examples, tips, scenarios for leaders, managers or supervisors and an analysis of the chosen trend from an employee’s perspective too. Your report must include a front cover, contents page, conclusion and reference list.
Sample sources: [url removed, login to view], Canadian HR Reporter, Globe and Mail Report on Business, Bloomberg Business, Canadian Business, BC Business, Fast Company, Wired, Harvard Business Review, Google Scholar for research articles.
Use the link posted for the library resources in the left hand column of our moodle page too.
Final Reports are to be handed in at the beginning of class – Friday November 28, 2014
Final reports must be APA formatted with a Front Cover, Contents Page, Reference List and Appendices. Your report must not exceed 5 pages and must contain a minimum of 2 quality sources.
• Quality refers to a reputable business periodical (English language or translated copy in Appendix) or business source other than the textbook. Supply links
• Reputable usually will mean something you might find printed or widely cited (not Google)
• Media sources such as Bloomberg, CBC, BBC are fine - a news source widely viewed
• Books are great (can be older than the last 6 months)
• Use quotation marks to inform the reader what others say on the topic and cite original author/source
• Company websites are not reputable research sources
• Individual blogs with no credentials are not reputable research sources
• Using the term “The internet” is not a reputable source
• Wikipedia only counts as a 3rd source
Evaluation Criteria Marks Score
• Introduction to chosen trend 10
• Use of 3 reputable sources 10
• Analysis of findings 30
• Provide examples, tips & scenarios 20
• Include the employee perspective 10
• Provide a conclusion to the report 10
• Presentation Marks 10
Divide by 5 /20%
Up to 10% can be deducted for poor grammar and other writing deficiencies. Consult with the Writing Centre (documents on Capilano U website) and thoroughly edit your paper before submitting!
Good Luck with this final assignment