We are seeking a social media community manager to be our online voice! Read on to learn more details about what we are looking for…if interested please submit your bid along with your resume/portfolio and social links to us OR apply in the most creative and social way to really stand out! You should also include the word “Howdy” in your bid so we know you have the ability to at least read our listing! Please submit your bid per monthly fee with a breakdown of exactly what you will look to achieve. We currently have no social media presence so this will be something you will build from scratch and as you become more and more active and the work load increases so too will the remuneration.
The social media manager is the day-to-day administrator of the company’s social media presence. As our principal voice online, the community manager is responsible for identifying and creating enticing and sharable content for our social media channels and serving as an advocate for consumers. The community manager balances our business objectives for social media marketing with the interests of our consumers.
The applicant should possess:
• EXCELLENT writing skills,
• Knowledge of basic html coding,
• Social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Foursquare, Flickr, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.
Candidate should be familiar with creating and launching social promotions, advertising and contesting platforms (Wildfire, Klout, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads etc.). They should also be keeping up with current and future trends of social media. Knowledge of WordPress and photo editing software such as Photoshop is also preferred.
• Create, articulate, and execute a vision and strategy for our online social media presence.
• Rapidly increase the followership and quality our social communities.
• Manage day-to-day reactive and proactive communications on all key social media channels.
• Work extensively on building Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media profiles working in close collaboration with the content team.
• Management of monthly and weekly editorial calendars for all prepared social media content.
• Creations of original content for social media posts based on community sentiment, advertiser activities, special events, promotions and company announcements.
• Post management for all social media content. This includes proper tagging of all content.
• Preparation of weekly and monthly reports on key social media analytics.
• Identify through research and social tools bloggers and influencers to receive exclusive content to share with their readers.
• Design and manage social media adverting campaigns, promotions and contests.
• Support strategic initiatives, including the launch of new social media channels.
• Serve as a knowledge leader for social media trends and best practices and support social media campaigns from demand generations, recruiting, and other company teams.
• Strong creative writing skills
• Expert-level administrative knowledge of the key social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest)
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Experience using major social media management software packages
• Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
• Working knowledge of SEO and SEM practices
• Experience leading vendor and agency programs
• Preferred - Functional knowledge or some experience with HTML/CSS
• Preferred – Basic photo editing skills
• Preferred – Mobile commerce experience