Creating a MATLAB simulation (n, k) = (6, 3) Block Code using BPSK modulation over AWGN Channel.
The Block Code: (n, k) = (6, 3)
The Channel: AWGN
The Modulation/Demodulation Type: BPSK
Transformer Matrix (H) and Generator Matrix (G) are provided in the attached file.
1. Define the provided matrixes in MATLAB.
[login to view URL] the Syndrome Table.
3. Generate 10^6 (1.000.000) uncoded bits with equally like 1's and 0's, in other words, there will be 500 thousands '1's and 500 thousands '0's. This will be the message that is to be coded and transmitted. You can generate such message sequence by using randint() built-in function.
4. Use BPSK Modulator.
[login to view URL] the output into the AWGN Channel.
6. Use BPSK demodulation to correct the errors.
7. Compare Corrected Codewords to the Transmitted Codewords.
8. Plot BER vs SNR (in dB) and compare with the theoretical curve
Assume Eb (Energy per Bit) = 1
Pb (Probability of bit-error) = Q(SQR(Eb/No)) = Q(SQR(1/No)) ; SQR = Square Root
And for noise: N(0, 1) , i.e. mean is zero, and variance is 1