Assignment with “image processing” course
Course exercise (in Matlab or Python) 1\2:
1. Write a system that counts and marks 2 types of objects (for example pens and lighters) in a given
image, using morphological operators.
2. The objects are not round (eg coins). Must use morphological operators. Set the required
parameters and thresholds
3. Create the images, and use your own images.
4. Create images with variations (for example, different backgrounds (texture), different distances
5. Perform pre-processing, for example, use filters to improve the images.
6. Perform post-processing (for example determining the detection thresholds)
7. Write a report that describes the software - as a single word or PDF file. The report:
1) describes the systems - (including a block diagram)
2) gives the running examples
3) describes the selected characteristics
4) describes the algorithms
5) describes the requirements from the image and the limitations
6) what needs to change for the system to "count" other objects?
7) the report includes images and relevant visual examples
8) refers to and shows examples of limitations and false positives and false negatives
9) It is recommended to invest in the report
Course exercise (in Matlab or Python) 2\2:
• The software is accompanied by full notes including how to run it.
• It is recommended to start with a simple and small synthetic sample.
• Work on gray-level images
• The evaluation of the work will be based first of all on the understanding of the material and systemic
thinking and only then on the sophistication of the characterizations or results.
• Visibility and the content of the report are very important, since I (and every other reader) do not
know about efforts you have made but are not clearly shown in the report
• Make sure that the results are quantitative.
• If the work is done in pairs, upload the report to the model only once.
• Submission date: 30-09-2022 midnight (there is no delay because the test will be immediately after)
• Submission in the model
• Enjoy your work!
Structure of a report (article)
• A title with meaning and marketing value
• Your names with the affiliation
• Keywords • Summary of the work
• Table of contents (optional)
• Introduction (short) • Methods (what we did), including building directories, methods...
• Results with representative images • Discussion and summary (including limitations)
• Acknowledgments (optional) • Ethical reference (optional)
• Bibliography (if any)
• Appendices: code with comments, calls to functions, image
12 freelancers estão ofertando em média ₹14708 nesse trabalho
Hello, I am interested in this project and can deliver the requirements as expected. Kindly message me to discuss more, I am available to start work immediately. Thanks!