This assessment item will demonstrate your ability to identify your own development needs in order for you to meet the professional standards
and capabilities of a medical radiations practitioner and the requirements of the key performance indicators or similar for a relevant job
description. You are required to develop and submit a detailed personal action plan arising from the evaluation of your capabilities in relation to
AHPRA’s professional capabilities for medical radiations practice. You will also evaluate your capabilities in relation to the key performance
indicators or similar for a job description relevant to your discipline. You will identify areas for improvement and development as part of your
● Please use an introduction, utilise a tabular format and follow with a list of references in a consistent format.
● Please submit this assessment electronically via the Blackboard Assessment tab.
● The first page of your submission should be a cover sheet containing your full name, the title of the piece of work and the stated word count
● Use key action points drawn from reflection on your professional development and practice to date. You can draw on feedback from your
experience as a student, both clinically and personally. You can also assess your ability in relation to AHPRA’s professional capabilities and
relevant position description criteria. Your introduction to the action plan should clearly detail why you have chosen the goals that you have,
and outline a clear rationale for action points
● Your action plan should be related to the SMART goal format as discussed in the tutorials. The information and table draft for this is on
blackboard along with some examples of job descriptions. Please do not restrict yourself to these job descriptions alone. Search for
applicable, relevant advertisements for your stream.
● Please detail a logical timeline, milestones and suggested evidence of completion or progression of development
● It should be a wide ranging plan covering all aspects of professional development