I need a few scripts written that will automate some work that I do on several databases.
Please tell me if any of these scripts are not possible.
You will be given a access 2000 database to work with. All scripts must also work in Access 2010
Scripts should be done in a module that can be run. One script per module.
I already have a script that will build a table that has the all table names, fields and field types. I will include it.
1. Script to build duplicate tables of all tables that exists. When this is run it will create a duplicate (structure only) of all tables in the database with Final_%TABLE_NAME% as the name of the table
2. Script to create insert quires (actual physical queries on the Queries Page) for all original tables that when run will transfer all data from the original table to the FINAL_ tables
3. Script that will execute all the queries that were created in #2
4. Script that will create a table that has one of all the fields in all the other tables. Table must have a ID autonumber field that has the primary index on it.
5. Script that will transfer all data from FINAL_ tables to the corresponding field in the combine table. There will be one row for each row in each table. (Yes there will be a lot of empty fields)
You can not hardcode field or table names. Every database I run this one will be different. So it will need to read the structure of each table.
If you can not do all of these scripts please bid on the ones that you can an specify which you can do and which you can not do.
I need to have this done within the next few days