We are looking for an app to stream audio & video lectures to work on major iOS, iPad & Android versions.
Primary purpose of the app is to stream audio lectures that are present in cloud like dropbox, [url removed, login to view] or google drive (not decided yet). Users should be able to browse or search for audios and play it. It also needs to play videos present in our YouTube channel.
We've created a prototype which is almost complete but not 100%, attached video of the current prototype. Need to take care of the below tasks as phases:
1. Improve now playing screen
2. Complete the prototype with good look & feel and make the colors & theme customizable.
3. Implement the app to work on major iOS, iPad & Android versions with dropbox integration for audios & YouTube integration for videos. YouTube integration is straightforward since you need to just list the apps in a YouTube channel and let the users to stream.
1. Audio lectures list will present in a database with cloud URL (dropbox, [url removed, login to view] or some other site) of each audio
2. Users should be able to browse the complete lectures (need to query DB to get the list)
3. Users should be able to search the DB to get audios and view the matched audios
4. Stream selected audio
5. Send alerts to user if a new audio is added to server
6. Need a screen to display the recently added audios
7. UI theme should be customizable
8. Now playing should buffer the audio
9. Users should be able to pause, exit from the app & resume from the stopped position
10. Need to list YouTube videos from a given channel and users should be able to stream those videos
11. UI should have back button in each screen
12. Need to have a login screen before letting users to stream audio/video
13. Need a screen to configure user’s settings like username/pwd, alerts etc.