I need a local Indian person to perform some simple research for the local Indian mobile market:
Step #1: Go to a couple of local mobile phone shops and find out the following:
1. Which 3rd party software is preloaded on the latest models from local manufacturers:
a) Micromax, b) Karbonn, c) Lava, d) Fly Phone e) other local brands?
b) Pertains to all software such as games, business software (e.g. office packages), 3rd party app stores (e.g. Mobango, Amazon, etc.)
You need to send me photos (or screenshots) of the phone screens!
2. Task #2: Send screenshots of the different payment options available in the different online App Stores. On your Android phone do the following:
a) Open Google Play and try to buy an app. (Does not matter which one.) Send screenshots of the available payment options. NB: You do not need to actually buy the app.
b) Download the Amazon Appstore for your Android phone ([url removed, login to view]). Try to buy an app and again send screenshots of the available payment options.
c) Download the Mobango Appstore for your Android phone ([url removed, login to view]). Perform the same steps as above.
3. Task #3: Install the following game on your Android phone: [url removed, login to view] The game offers in-app purchases - buy extra coins, etc. Send screenshots of the available payments methods. One of the payment methods should be operator billing. Try to use it and send screenshots. (NB: You will need to make a purchase of no more than 150 rupees for this test.)
4. Task #4: Research and answer the question: "Which are the most popular local Indian sites / blogs for news for Android phones and apps?"
Requirements for the person executing this task:
- has a relatively recent Android phone,
- has a SIM card from Airtel, Idea or Vodafone!
- is just bit technically savvy (e.g. knows what Google Play is and can install an app)
- has reasonable command of English (so we can communicate)