This Project is to run on a Blackberry Z10 device.
I require a simple order taking application. The user will specify a customer (or look up a config file) and then allow the operator to scan a barcode, check into a simple database and allow the order entry process by reading barcodes. Quantities will be suggested based on the underlying data file and other parameters listed.
This is a trial project and should the trial work to the satisfaction of our operators, the application will be further developed and refined.
The detailed specification of this project is to :
0. Have a splash screen once starting the app which will tell how many pictures are available and how many lines in the data file are available and the current configuration file details.
Then offer a "Begin Order" button
1. Input a customers name (approx 60 Characters and Numbers). Check a configuration file if the name is set, then call that name up (but allow changes)
2. Open a screen which says "scan barcode" and provides a half screen barcode reading camera shot
3. Scan an EAN13 digit barcode of either an outer box or a product successfully
4. Look that data up in the data File to find relevant data.
5. The data file will be in text format (.csv) with each product on one 1 line. The data fields will be
"Product Code", "Outer Barcode Number", "Product Barcode Number", "Product Description (120 characters)", "Quantity per box", "Typical Order Quantity", "Picture File Name", "Box Quantity Override Possible Y/N"
6. Once barcode is read, determine the correct product code and call up a small picture of the corresponding product (jpeg files), product description, box quantity, Typical Order Qty. Then make a suggested order quantity of (1.0 x box qty)
7. Have a "+" and "-" button to allow increasing the box quantity to be ordered (showing total amount ie box quantity x quantity to be ordered) and allow numbers to do this as well. Only allow non box quantity multiples if Flag is set to yes for that line of data
8. Have 5 touch buttons on the bottom of the order screen "Save and Next" - "Save and Finish" - "Cancel this line" = "Cancel this order" - "Review order"
9. The review order screen shows code and quantitiy ordered so far and is a check only. A simple "return button at the end of the box". Will need to be scrollable
9. The order is to be generated by the cycle of scanning and keying in quantities and "Save and Next" etc. If the "Cancel this line" then line is not recorded. Order finished or continued depending on the operator selection. Cancel this order erases that order
10. The order is to be saved locally and also emailed (preferably in CSV format) to a specified address, set up in a confirguration file amongst other parameters including customer name - which if existed would be pulled up in the beginning process.
11. The current device geolocation shall be included in the order header as well as the customer name (from the GPS)
12. The time the process started and the time the process finished and the elapsed time is to be sent with the email.
13. The email is to be visible in the Blackberry hub.
14. The process goes back to the splash screen.