My applogies to those who inquired earlier, off-site work took my attention away. I am back and would like to wrap this project up before the end of the year.
We are an automotive test facility; we currently have an internally developed Windows Mobile 5/6 application for controlling our SoMat eDAQ data loggers. We have the source code and are currently seeking a contractor to re-write the application to be compatible with newer technology such as Android, iOS, and/or HTML5. Our design target is a 7” Tablet such as the Google Nexus although we would like to have the ability to run on smart phones or 10” tablets as well. Code should be documented.
Here is an overview of the current functionality:
• Current App runs on Dell Axim PDA, Win mobile 5/6
• App Sends HTTP commands to our SoMat eDAQ Data Loggers
• Our Data Loggers have a webserver and respond to HTTP commands (We have the API)
• Operator input configuration window to define unique test variables such as project number, test configuration, operator…
• User selects test events to be performed from a pick list (List is currently defined in an XML file)
• App Keeps a record of “successful” or “unsuccessfully” test passes in a CSV log file and on the display
In addition to recreating our current functions, we have some additional functionality we would like to have incorporated. These may be more advanced and may be evaluated on a per-item basis:
• GPS speed displayed with tenth of mile per hour resolution, polled from smart device internal GPS
• Upload data from data logger based on “successful” runs only. (API defines how to initiate a parsed upload with HTTP command)
• Allow user to pick several Data Channels from data logger to display on screen. (API defines how to parse streaming data from data logger)
• Potential for user to choose, move or resize graphical components on the screen
A slide show is attached showing the current application and the last screen shows a concept of the new layout on a tablet.
I have uploaded a powerpoint document which outlines the current status of our version 1 software written for and deployed on windows 5 Dell Axim. This document shows graphics of the current application and has a concept of the proposed updated software as well as outlining the desired upgrades.
Due to the tight time line and need to complete this work before December 31, 2013 our goals may be shortened some. Our primary effort will be to adapt the current application to the Android platform yet keep in mind during development that an iOS version is desired as well. All added features discussed in the powerpoint can be address with the time constraints in mind.
When you submit your inquire in this project, please use specific examples that apply to my task at hand. I want to know about any related experience such as working with older windows mobile 5/6 applications, experience with MMI, Data Loggers, industrial test and control applications. Please take the time to read my description and tell me why you are the right person to complete this job before December 31st, 2013.
Also note, I am not looking very closely at inquiries which are generic, I am not too concerned with people who "have written 200+ iOS games", I expect applicable examples to my test control application for mobile device and experience that shows you know how to replicate the current Windows Mobile app on the Android platform.
Thank you for your time.
35 freelancers estão ofertando em média $2975 para este trabalho
Dear sir. I have many experiences about mobile apps and games. You can guess my skill after check my portfolio. Let's discuss in detail via interview. Best regards. Huiming
Dear Sir, This is Biplob (Lead android developer, Founder and CEO of AAPBD). I have worked with 150+ clients so far at various marketplaces ([url removed, login to view], oDesk and [url removed, login to view]) and developed 250+ apps for android, Mais