I used to have an iPhone app called "Text Transmuter" on Apple store. That app outputs letters in a "special" (morphing/twisting/shape-shifting) way: I didn't renew the provisional Apple certificate earlier this year and it is no longer there. I own the code for the above app. I need a coder to develop iOS 4/7 based app that will take tweets from Twitter app as an input (copy-paste or offer another way) and will display a selected tweet in a twisted way. The app shall be able to save the output in a video format and upload directly to Facebook and youTube accounts. And, as an option, to display the output on an attached monitor.
- The source code for TextTransmuter app in xCode 4 will be provided;
- I have C++ application that was developed to test how this method works with different parameters - I can remotely show you the capabilities before you accept the project;
- The app should adjust well to work on iPads and be compatible with iOS 4 - 7;
- app should be able to select a tweet from Twitter app (by Twitter Inc) and display it in "twisted" mode;
- app should provide interface to upload this animation in a format compatible with Facebook and youTube to a user's account;
- video display to connected monitor could be activated [[url removed, login to view]]
Apparently, video output is supported natively by iPhone 4S and will mirror everything to the external monitor, but on iPhone 4 it will only display the output from the app, if it supports "Video Out". Like these apps do it: [[url removed, login to view]]
- embed Google analytics for tracking visitors [[url removed, login to view]]
- add an option of transparent background, when saving the animation (this option doesn't exist in TextTransmuter app)
The previous experience in developing iOS apps is required.
The revised project steps are as follows:
- converting the TextTransmuter app to work in version 5 of xCode
- add Twitter API so that the Twist-a-Tweet app shows the list of user's tweets
- (in the TextTransmuter app there is an option to select the text from "Library" or type it in). These options are preserved.
- the user can play the tweet on iPhone (like it is in TextTransmuter) or upload it to YouTube and Facebook account as video MP4 format
- enable iAd network
- enable Google Analytics.
The project needs to be uploaded to Apple store and approved by Apple before it is accepted as completed.
- the requirement to output to external monitor is removed.