I don't need a full mobile app. I already have 90% of the app done. All I need is some audio recording functionality. Read on for details:
Have you used Voice Memos on the iPhone (see screenshot)? I basically need an app that will record audio and do what Voice Memos does. In a nutshell that means:
1. Generating the audio wave form while recording
2. Scrolling horizontally through the wave form
3. Showing the current/total time while recording
4. Showing the current/total time while playing back the recorded audio
5. Pausing the recording, then resuming again (which should append the new audio, not overwrite the old)
6. Allow me to tap on the waveform to place the seeker where I want to record or playback - this means if I record 2 min of audio, then tap on minute 1, I should be able to keep the audio previously recorded up to minute 1, then overwrite anything after minute 1 with new audio.
7. Allow multi track recording (up to 4 tracks) - so I should be able to playback any existing tracks while recording a new track.
8. A way to disable multi-track capabilities in the code in case we scrap that feature (so some flag that I could set switch between single-track and multi-track capability).
9. A way to crop the audio (remove white noise at beginning and end) by highlighting the part of the waveform I want to keep and dropping anything outside the highlight.
I tried a couple open source libraries: EZAudio, The Amazing Audio Engine, Novocaine, but none of them provide this advanced functionality. With EZAudio I am able to record, generate a waveform, playback the audio file, and save the audio to the documents directory, but that's it.
You can either use EZAudio as a base, or start from scratch.
Other details: It doesn't have to be core audio, it could be done in avfoundation framework. I don't need it necessarily to record in .caf format. I would be totally happy recording in a compressed format like .m4a or .mp3. Something small that can be uploaded easily.
I don't need any UI (except anything dealing with the waveform). I already have the app that this will exist in, all UI components, everything. In fact, you wouldn't even need to see the app, you could develop this in isolation and I could just import it in. That way we don't need an NDA or anything. I could even provide you with an Xcode project to work with before you ever started.