We have already implemented the android chatting application and would like to further move on to iOS chatting app. The mock screen is readily available for android and we would like the feature to be in ios as well. Not full but at least with the following:
1. Signup page (Key in user phone number and password)
2. User profile page
3. First page when enter would be like whatsapp, a list of contact previously chat with you with last message, total message count, new message indicator.
4. View user profile.
5. Chat with the person. Send basic emoticon.
6. Send file like picture audio and video. (API for file upload is ready)
7. Create group chat. Group chat to be listed in the first page of previously chatted contact.
8. Delete the chat, delete the contact, chat bubble, local storage for chat history, push notification ready (Use xmpp framework instead of APN).
The same thing can also be implemented in Mobile Web but mobile web need not have all the features of iOS and would be priced lower than iOS native.
If can be implemented in mobile web and finish within the timeline, the following feature is the only requirement:
1. To have interface like the screenshot
2. Sign up page
3. Previously chatted contact or group chat
4. Chatting page
5. Group chat create
6. Basic emoticon and no need any file uploading
Would be good if can finish the project within 2 weeks time
Server are ready and we have already deployed the android version, backend using openfire XMPP server and with some custom SOAP API