Project deadline 30. august.
Need a developer or a team that can support in creating an iOS app. The app will be a cross between an activity tracker (eg. Strava, Runkeeper, Edmondo) and a social platform (chat, likes, comments, profile page), and some custom club management. Will share more info privately. The app will include key elements such as map functionality, gps tracking, share real-time location with selected group/club, social elements (likes, comments, photo sharing), chat and competitive rankings (eg. Number of km walked). Long-term goal is to have an iOS and Android app, with a more comprehensive web solution. But by end-of-august the goal is to have a first MVP for the iOS app with the required back-end services.
The developer skills needed:
- GPS, activity tracking and map handling
- Social elements (chat, likes, comments etc)
- Real-time sharing of information between users, using notifications etc
- Analytics - Google, A/B testing
Need to show portfolio of iOS app projects that include GPS activity tracking, mapping functionality, social elements and realtime notification and data sharing between users. Develop should also be strong in English.
As part of the project the tech stack needs to be chosen and set-up, including back-end provider. I would suggest using similar technology as used for the app Strava(see [url removed, login to view] for info), but open for other suggestions.
The app should contain five main sections:
- News feed showing activities by other users the person follows
- Club find and join “clubs”, and manage your own clubs
- Record activity a gps tracker with map, ability to share real-time location with other users on the same activity, ability to share photos geolocation tagged in the map, ability to record geolocation of animal shot and/or seen, and chat functionality within the active hunting group.
- Profile - the user profile, selected stats, photos by user, overview of activities, overview of rankings
- Chat - General chat functionality, clubs, user created groups and individuals etc
The app should take a lot of inspiration from the app “Strava” for the “news feed”, “Club”, “record activities” and “profile”. But there will obviously be adjustments to tailor it towards a different topic (to be informed privately). It should be built to be multilingual, but developed in English. The app should be very well documented, so that myself or others are able to take-over the work if required. However main goal is for the developer to supporting over the coming year(s). The app should be built with heavy integration of google analytics, and be prepared to A/B testing etc.
I do have an iOS developer account to be used, however everything else needs to be setup. All providers needed for running and operating the app and backend should be created in my name, so to be independent of any chosen developer. Please therefore provide your requirements to third-parties as part of your bid.
I aim to run a separate design competition for the look and feel. The developer should therefore plan to work with a third-party designer at some point. However the developer can use the Stava design for the purpose of the MVP (or until new design is chosen).
- Links to apps created in the Apple app store
- Please describe what technology stack you suggest to use
- Please describe if you are part of a team or working on your own