The project is to create a proof of concept Blackberry application.
The Blackberry application need to support the following features
- Support Blackberry OS 5.0 and above
- Support multiple resolution on multiple Android phones
- Support both Portrait and Landscape orientation
- Need to display LARGE master-detail data in a table-like format (2000 rows)
(Showing all master data in one page. Clicking on one of them will show all the related detail data). These data need to be stored in a local database of some sort.
- Ability to show remote pictures (eg: from websites, etc) as well as text in the above master-detail table
- Ability to receive Push Notifications and show the appropriate screen
- Ability to use GPS to get the current location
- Optimize the GPS functionality to ensure as little battery power used as possible
- Need to make few calls to the REST Web Service. The web service will accept and return JSON formatted data.
- Create a view that shows a map with few pushpins representing the data returned from the Web Service
- Please use built-in controls as much as possible. like tabs, etc
- The UI need to be styled accordingly so that it looks reasonably aesthetic in the eye.
Need to ensure that the application is fully optimized so that it's not slow when running on device.
Even though this project is for a prototype, best practices need to be employed throughout the development of this Blackberry application
Developer need to ensure that the application is fully tested on the Blackberry device running OS 5.0 and above and eliminate all performance issues.