Hi, I'm a computer science student myself and was wondering if you could hel me make the following app:
- app turns on
- user sets a pinpoint on the app
- app detects devices in network
- app filters out a specific type of device (let's say iPhone 4's)
- app uses google geolocation api's to pinpoint the devices general location over wifi
- app alerts user if detected device(s) come near pinpoint.
The bluetooth devices utilizes Apple Print from the iPhone to carry out its functions.
I'm thinking to implement a Wifi sniffer for packets of data sent to and from iCloud / Apple Print service, and then use geolocation / triangulation. I bet the location on the iPhone 4/5 would be on, since it's primary function is the camera (to take pictures), it probably uses geolocation. If not, I was wondering if you would be able to use 4-5 points to triangulate on an x-y plane (length and height).
i know there are two wifi networks that blanket the area that i want to locate in. however, there are multiple wifi extenders / broadcasters, which should double as tri/"quad"angulation points.
Also, I would give you a map of the general area, and for you to pinpoint the devices using the "map" overlay.