I noticed you solved this issue. We have the same situation. Can you help?
We have [url removed, login to view] development right now.
Jasper van Eif
Our Magento products have two additional attributes:
"Product Base Currency" - the currency which we brought the item in
"Product Base Price" - the cost of the item in the above currency
We need an extension that updates the default "Product Price" field by checking the live conversion rate between store and product base currencies.
There will be two refresh methods: periodically (cron .. every X hours) OR manually (from the admin area). The cron job will check each product and update the product price. Failure reports need to be sent to defined Magento contact.
For example; we import "Gadget X" for $10 USD and perform the following steps on Magento:
We manually configure the following attributes:
"Product Base Currency" = USD
"Product Base Price" = $10
On the product import page we click on a button labelled "Calculate Product Cost". A live conversion is made between "Product Base Currency" and the "Current Store Base Currency". Automatically "Product Price" is updated with the result.
If enabled, a cron task will refresh the "Product Price" every X hours. Product price can also be refreshed manually from admin panel.
The admin panel needs the following options:
- Enabled/disable automatic refresh
- Text box for the number of hours between automatic refresh
- Manual currency refresh button (initiates a manual refresh of all prices)
- Failure report contact (none OR one of the default Magento contacts)
- Success report contact (none OR one of the default Magento contacts)
- Any core changes to Magento extensions must be made on duplicate files in /local/