View [url removed, login to view] - We want a site to be similar to that, but for FLIGHTS ONLY. We need the same functionality, and a similar look and feel. Please study the FLIGHT only features. Please review the way the advertisers are displayed on the right hand side of the screen, and how the information is transmitted to each advertiser when doing a flight search. (advertisers all are shown with logos, such as Expedia, Orbitz, Kayak etc). The customers enter cities they want to fly from and to, and then they click on an advertiser. A separate screen pops up and the advertiser displays results.
In addition to the site, we need backend features in some kind of Administration panel.
The backend features we need would be.
1. The ability to add new advertisers, in specified zones. We would need to be able to upload the advertisers graphic logos into those zones.
2. The ability to send the advertiser a URL search in their specificed format or our default format.
3. Click counters for each advertiser, done by hour, day, month year etc.
4. Store all searches so that we can do reports on what people are searching for... example... how many people searched LAX to NYC last month.
5. Ability to let a specified advertiser only advertise in a Dynamic city listing. example, advertiser 1 only wants to advertise when someone does a search from LAX to DEN - and doesnt want to advertise for anything else.
6. Ability to exclude an advertiser for a specified city Code, or Country code. Example, if the advertiser says... do not show my add if a someone searches from LAX --- so anytime someone does an LAX search that advertiser doesnt appear. Same with COUNTRY. An advertiser may want to exclude themselves from various country searches.
7. Ability to stop showing an advertiser when they reach a maximum amount of clicks, or cost per day, week or month.
8. In addition to Our administration panel, we would want to provide the advertiser some kind of panel for them to sign in and be able to view clicks etc, but we would have to be able to give them access to some of these features through our panel.
We also want customers to be able to signup for 2 different types of email alerts. - the first email alert would be a "fare alert" - store what the customer is looking for as an example... LAX to NYC and the dates of travel. We would store that in some kind of database and somehow be able to email them.
The 2nd email signup would just be for a general travel email. Something that allows a customer to signup for general travel alerts. We would store those emails in a database and somehow be able to email them.
Project will run on win2k server