My website, [url removed, login to view] , has outgrown shared hosting. We purchased comcast high speed internet with 5 dedicated IP addresses and our own dedicated server so that customers can download our website faster and more reliably. I have already configured most of the website, but have run into a few snags that require a professional to complete.
I have ALREADY installed the following:
1) installed and updated linux ubuntu server 12.04
2) installed FTP
3) installed webmin
4) installed virtualmin
5) backed up old CPANEL website
I figured out how to migrate cpanel onto virtualmin, however I can't seem to figure out how to get the root directory to change from /var/www to the cpanel default directory of /home/stealt12/public_html without getting the error "internal server error: the server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request." blah blah blah. more information about this error may be available in the server log. When I go to the error log, it says "/home/stealt12/public_html/.htaccess: Option FollowSymlinks not allowed here"
In addition to resolving the above issue, I ask for the following tasks to be completed as part of the migration:
1) re-implement SSL sitewide using [url removed, login to view] ssl key
2) fix small problem I am having with getting FTP server to work with any user besides root
3) ensure all Mysql databases and PHP code migrates and works correctly (I use a mysql based configuration which can be seen on the front-end at [url removed, login to view]
4) clean up and remove ALL unneccessary website files (I never deleted parts of the old website when I got a new website design... I want to purge ALL unnecessary files)
5) re-establish e-mail server(s)
6) re-establish DNS rerouting (I use bind9)
6) open only necessary ports / completely secure website from viruses and hackers. I can provide a router for you to configure or we can connect directly to the cable modem. I've been configuring the website thus far using DMZ but of course when the website goes live that will not be good practice.