Scope: The aim is to create a text editor in [url removed, login to view] 2005. The editor will be used to write C programs. This editor will have the basic menu like other editors having options:
d. Save AS
3) Invoke Turbo C
The facilities that the editor should provide are:
1) Syntax Coloring
2) Syntax Checking
3) IntelliSense – It should provide auto completion of syntax
a. Eg: if the user types “for(“ it should immediately complete the rest of the syntax as for(;;)
4) It should have certain C code snippets ready to use. the user should also be able to insert snippets whenever needed.
5) It should also provide messages indicating code optimization wherever possible.
6) It should provide messages for removal of dead codes
7) It should also provide messages for possible logical errors eg: divide by zero or null pointer etc
The idea is to make a C source editor that will make writing C programs very easy and it should be feature rich. All the above mentioned (except pts 5 and 6) should be implemented at the time of writing the program. (I have no clue about how pts 5 and 6 will be covered) Once the program is written they should be able to run on Turbo C, invoking it by the editor.
The project needs to be completed before 20th Feb
P.S: The programs written in the editor will be only upto the array level. No pointers included.