A software which must be written in VB.net to:
1) There may be several USB cameras connected to the PC. Have a drop down list to select a camera to use.
2) Be able to set the camera resolution from the different resolutions supported by the camera (basically I will be using a 5 megapixel USB camera).
3) Start/Stop live preview from the camera on the software window.
4) A button to capture the camera preview and save it as a jpeg image.
5) A button to load the saved image and display it on the same preview area.
6) A "select area" button when pressed will allow user to draw several rectangle selections on the captured/loaded image(by holding the mouse button and draw a rectangle selection area) to select several portions of the image each of which will be then saved to files.
7) User will be able make 6 OR 8 (should be an option in the software) such selections once the "select area" button is pressed. So the selection process will stop automatically after 6 or 8 selections as per option selected.
8) The selected portions of the images (jpegs) as well as a text file containing the 6 or 8 data of the starting (top left corner) x position,y position,width,height of each selection (with reference to the camera image) will be saved at given location.
9) Should work on any Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 PC.
10) Source code well commented & documented.