An international non-for-profit organization has an immediate need for a freelance web designer to rewrite the html markup of its Intranet template. The current template is XHTML Transitional 1.0 and has a tables-based layout. Requirements are for simplified "XHTML Strict 1.0" markup using a tableless design and external css. Three sample html pages (including images and css) will be provided as a specification for the work.
The deliverables are:
- Three new html pages that validate as XHTML Strict 1.0
- One or more new css templates
- Simplification of the html markup
- Replace use of tables with css where appropriate
- Compatibility with Mozilla and MSIE 6
- Reusability of CSS across multiple pages
- Limited or no use of inline or internal styles
- Compliance with standards and best practise
- Adherence to web content accessibility best practise
- Freelancer must be able to work independently off-site.
- Freelancer must be able to guarantee delivery on time.
- Freelancer must be a UK resident.
By 5pm, Monday, March 20: Interested applicants provide links to work samples and a cost estimate
By 10am, Tuesday, March 21: Two applicants will be provided with the three sample pages and a quote requested.
By 5pm, Tuesday, March 21: Quotes recieved for the work. Permission to proceed to be reached shortly thereafter.
By 12pm, Monday, March 27: Draft work submitted for proofing and feedback
By 5pm, Tuesday, March 28: Completed work and an invoice submitted.
Please note, unfortunately no extension to this timeline is possible.