1.5 Functional components of the project
Student needs to register to the site and login in order to access the Auction site
There are two types of users in the system
• Normal User
As soon as the user logs in to the system the home page is displayed.
1) Contents of Home Page
• Search textbox with a go Button to search for individual items
• A list of all Categories available in the system. It will also show in brackets the items up for sale in this category
• Sell an Item link
2) Functional specification for Search
The search should be a case insensitive search for items which contain the search key word. The search results should display all the items which matched the search criteria. It will return only those items which are up for sale currently.
3) Sell an Item
When the user clicks on Sell an item link, then a page comes up which allows the user to do the following:-
• Provide a title for the item and a description of the Item.
• There will be Upload Image Button which the user use to upload an image of the item..
• A text box to put in the minimum bid price
• A text box to provide the Auction end date.
4) Category Browsing
When the user clicks on any of the Categories in the home page, a new page should open up which shows all the items up for sale in the Category.
5) Buy an Item
The Item home page can be reached either by clicking on the search results or by clicking on an Item while doing Category browsing.
The Item home page contains the following:-
• The title of the Item
• The Description of the Item
• Uploaded images for the item(if any)
• Uploaded documents for the item(if any)
• The name of the seller
• The minimum bid price (if any)
• The current bid price.
6) Edit an Item
The sellers should be able to edit the item. The seller should be able to do the following:-
1) Upload a new Image
2) Upload a document
3) Change the bid increment