I have a web site [url removed, login to view] that I will be redesigning. I am not so much interested in getting new SEO work done, I am just interested in keeping all my current links and url's or redirecting them if necessary once new site is completed.
My domain name will remain the same, the CMS will remain the same, and hosting company too. I just dont want to take a loss in PageRank or organic search placement. I will provide you with my Get Clicky and Google Analytics info
1. inform the engines where those older URL’s have moved to.
2. crawl my site, which will reveal many of my current URL’s. USE Xenu Link Sleuth or Screaming Frog to crawl my site,
3. perform an inbound link analysis to fully understand my link profile. Know the pages linking to me, and where they are linking. make sure you those pages are migrated. And make sure you utilize 301 redirects when pointing old URL’s to my new ones. tools you can use to perform an inbound link analysis, including Open Site Explorer and Majestic SEO Tools.
4. make sure all of my older pages 301 redirect to their newer counterparts,, use .htaccess, mod_rewrite, and ISAPI_Rewrite in order to issue 301’s, rewrite URL’s, etc.
5. if you can keep the same URL structure as my original website when redesigning of course that would be best
6. Do not use 302 redirects if I need to remove a page. as you know, 302's are temporary redirects and are not search engine friendly
7. Ensure that site visitors don’t receive 404-not-found errors
8. Make and submit new site map
9. I am open to any suggestions if you want to conduct an SEO Audit of my site and we can talk about additional fees if work is necessary