Searching for a person who will work for us on hourly base
This is usually about setting up the network server for 2-7 employee
- setup of Debian machines with basic services (apache, mysql, email for reporting purposes)
- setup of samba domain server (for windows xp/vista clients) including LDAP, DNS, DHCP
- deployment of scripts to backup or synchronise windows clients or w2k3 server shares (unison alike)
- configuration of the neccessary security measures
- implementation of scheduled backup strategies for the linux server itself (tape, drive)
- scheduled backup to web by ftp
- wake on lan
- knowledge of windows networking, to set up XP clients
- some linux fax solution, at least incoming
- asterisk is of an advantage but no requirement
- good command of English
- response time, if we got a job we need you to start working on it within max. 9 days (the avg. job might be 4-5h).
- availability, this is not for leisure time, we might need you to work 8am till 4pm GMT, we might have a server crash and need you for 1h within the next 18h
- project size, we might need you to do mini-tasks for 30min and will pay you once a certain sum is completed
- punctuality, our clients are very fuzzy on that, we've already paid
contract penalties for not meeting deadlines
how you will work:
- remote through our linux servers
- usually communication by IM (MSN or skype)
- available also by phone during some projects
outlook and background:
We have been providing this range of services ourselves until 2 years ago and it's time to get back into it, so you will surely not be doing a lot from the start.
To have a realistic figure we might need your service for about 15-20h within the next 4-5 weeks but are eager to increase this on time as word spreads below our customers. If you are good you will create your full time job within 12 months.
In case you are good, we well fix your long term commitment, availability and reaction times in a contract, also providing you a monthly minimum income after a trial period.
Since we are working in a rural environment, quality and customer
satisfaction are paramount because the word of mouth is the marketing
instrument of our choice.
Please give us following information:
- only relevant experience (+ what you think will be of a real interest)
- years of relevant experience
- tools you are really good in using
- examples of other jobs you are or have been doing
- your location and usual working hours in GMT
- languages and level
The amount you are bidding shall indicate either your charge per hour or per 16h.