Seeking experienced programmer to assist us in changing our social networking site with approximately 8000 current members from a flat file database to a MySql based system that will handle up to 100,000 members.
We need to maintain the current look and feel of our site and our current features:
1. Chat room
2. Instant messenger
3. Six PHPBB's (individual message boards that are integrated together now to share a common user table.
4. A Message Center/Post Office - where one member can e-mail another without their e-mail address being available. The way our system works now is that when a member receives an e-mail in their Post Office Box an e-mail by the admin to their personal e-mail address.
5. Individual blogs including comment ability.
In addition, we would like to add a shout box type feature or a way
for members to immediately notify another member that they are online and to join them in Instant Messenger or the Chat Room.
Other key features required are:
1. The ability of the admin to pre-approve an applicant before their personal profile is visible on the site or they can enter the Member's Area.
2. Admin to be notified when a member changes their profile information.
3. Ability to admin to mass e-mail on a selective basis, i.e. state, age-range, etc.
What we are basically trying to achieve is to keep our current system and change from a flat file database to a MySql that will handle more users efficiently.
If you are interested, please contact with an approximate price range and any questions that you may have as we need to move forward with this project as soon as possible.