I need a very simple Perl program for Windows that will process a folder of PDF files and automatically move them into a different folder and filename. The program will simply run on a hard-coded directory, and will loop over all PDF files found in that directory. For each PDF file, it will extract the text from that PDF file into a single scalar variable. It will then pass the scalar variable to a sub you will write called "process_file()". That function will simply print the first 40 characters in the text variable, and then call another sub you will write: "move_file($filename, "Processed", $filename, $test)". The move_file() sub takes three arguments: $filename - Filename of file being processed $pathname - Pathname to move to $out_filename - Output filename $test - (optional) If true, print the action only. Do not actually move the file. move_file()'s job is to simply move $filename to "$pathname\$out_filename", taking care to handle errors gracefully. The program will be called on the command line and should take an optional --test parameter. If the --test parameter is given, each call to move_file() will set the $test parameter so move_file() prints the action only. This program MUST rely on native Perl only. I.e., no external system/shell calls will be accepted. You may use reasonable CPAN modules, however. The entire program will be very short. For a good Perl programmer, this will not take very long to develop and test. Update: By request from several bidders, I have attached a sample PDF to the bid request.
* The Perl source code
* Documentation with complete installation instructions for Windows with ActiveState Perl, including names of required CPAN modules for extracting text from PDFs.
* Results of test runs saved to a text file -- I expect you to run this on several PDFs and test normal operation as well as error conditions.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
ActiveState Perl 5.8.8 (Windows)