I will supply a full photo set of 119 photos, with a view to having six of these photoshopped into a 'dark-surreal-scenario' to match one of the two concepts -
1. Surreal antique chamber library scenario-
The 'antique book' imagery of the album artwork would lend itself well to the band being set in amongst some kind of old chamber library imagery. Not to try to make it look as if the photographs were taken on location, but with the emphasis on the surreal, distorted.
(The advantage of this idea is that it will be unique and fit in well with the album artwork scheme, but the disadvantage is that it may look like a poor attempt to put the band into a location they couldn't afford to shoot in!)
2. Apocalyptic scenario
The second, safer idea, would be to reflect the lyrical theme of the album more, and have the setting as some kind of darkened skies or apocalyptic imagery. Dark, stormy skies and looming tall forest trees in the background...
Perhaps the solution would be to have a combination of the above ideas, but we would like to leave the artist to be as creative as possible with these, as we are looking for very 'stylised' pictures at the end of the day.
I have attached the following -
1. some examples of other artists work which give an idea of the kind of thing I am looking for.
2. a couple of the photos from the shoot (all photos have been taken against BOTH black and white backgrounds)
3. some artwork i've found with the kind of imagery i have in mind. you could use these images or just use them as inspiration.
4. the artwork for the band's album cover, to give you any further inspiration.
(I will supply the full shoot and hi-res album artwork for the job)
There would be around six photos needed at the end, including four individual photos, all of which are to be in the same kind of setting.